Friday, March 6, 2009

Whoa! It's been a while!

Hey Everybody! I'm still here, sorry it has been so long since I last posted anything! Lots of fun things have been happening since last time I wrote. Where to start.....Well, let's start with a really fun family night of bowling. I think it was a month ago now that we went down to FatCats to bowl with Dad, Mom, Miss, Joel, Nate, Gina, Brinsen, Maci, Tyler and Korbin! We had a total of 8 people bowling on one lane, so one game took us almost 2 hrs. The kids are hilarious...I think they liked throwing the ball down the "dark lanes" as much as they did scoring any points! Afterward we decided to go to Kirt's for ice cream! We love being with family and wish we could be with all of our family more! We love all you kids! Later that weekend we made yummy sugar cookies for valentine's! I love making sugar cookies, but sugar hasn't loved me lately...lots of sugar headaches! Must be pregnant or something! ha ha

I think Valentine's is one of my favorite holidays. Keith is such a sweetheart and knows that I love to drag out any and every holiday, so because Valentine's was on Saturday, He decided to start spoiling me early. On Thursday I got back to work from lunch, and there were the prettiest pink white and red tulips on my desk waiting for me! Friday morning he tells me he has a surprise for after work, when I got home he had arranged for us to go get massages that night, which were wonderful!!! Saturday morning we were able to go to the temple for Annie's endowments, it was great and it was so nice to be there! Then we came home and I took a long nap, which was wonderful,(pregnancy really wipes you out, I know I'm a whiner!) We hung out the rest of the day and relaxed and Keith got me a new set of earrings and a necklace. He is better than I could ever imagine and more than I could ever expect! I love you honey!!

Annie and Scott got married on Feb 20th! It was such a pretty day! they got really lucky with the weather. We went to Maddox the night before for the wedding dinner that was very yummy and very fun, then the next morning we all me up at the temple and it all went perfectly. Then we had a few hours after the ceremony to chill and play some wii with Sara, Doug, and Luke. It was very fun to have them over. Thanks for coming up guys! Then we all got dressed up and went to the reception. I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the boys being humiliated by the DJ for the YMCA! You boys are good sports. Lots of yummy cheesecake and fun times seeing family and friends.
Way to go you two, you made it!

And last but certainly not least.... We went to the doctor last Friday and found out that we are having a......BOY! We are so excited! It makes it so much more real when you know what it is. We are officially carrying on the tradition of having a boy first! And now we will carry on the last name, Keith is the only boy on that side of the family, and now the name will stay alive. yay! Everyone in my family had a boy first and the only grand kid on Keith's side is a boy.
Keith was pretty sure at first that we would break the pattern and have a girl first, but as soon as we found out that it's a boy, Keith's first words were...Now I can go hiking and camping with my kids sooner! What else would you expect! ha ha. We are both so excited for our little guy! I am 16 weeks and counting! He is growing so fast. It is amazing to watch the changes on the ultrasound from appointment to appointment. He is pretty chill and just sits there watching you until you poke at him and then he will kick back. I hope that means he will be laid back like his daddy! It is truly amazing to watch our little family grow. I am so thankful for our wonderful families to bring our little guy into. Thank you all for all you do for us. We love you all so much!

Wow that was a lot for one month. Hope you enjoyed getting caught up. I will definitely be better at posting more often!

12 comments:

RicAnn said...

Yea!!! Boys are so fun! You guys are going to be the best parents :) It seems like it is going by so fast, that lil' guy is going to here in no time.

Anonymous said...

Heather that is so exciting.. Congrats on the great news.. Sounds like you had a really nice Vday as well what a nice husband & massages are the best when your prego!

The Daleys said...

I am so happy for you guys!! I can't wait till you have a preggo belly! Thanks for coming by today, we always love seeing you. Maybe next time I will actually have some makeup on. Love you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! I found you on Vance & Holly's blog. I'm so excited for you! We love little boys. Colin will be happy to know he has a friend coming. I'm going to add you to our blog so we can stay in touch.

Amie said...

I'm definitely jealous that you already know what you are having. I'm 18 weeks and I don't think they will do my ultrasound to find out what our baby is for a few more weeks. But how fun that you guys are having a boy. You guys will be the best parents.

hollyjared said...

I was just thinkin about you guys wondering how you were doing and if you had been way sick or not from the pregnancy. It sounds like your doing well. And IM so excited you guys are havin a little boy that will be so much fun You guys will be such good parents! You'll love it! Hopefully we can get together soon Id love to see you guys!

Unknown said...

Wow! congrats on the baby! I hope things go well.

Harisay Happenings said...

Congrats on your baby news!

Brooke said...

Congrats on the boy! Don't worry, girls hike too! Ha ha, we love having kids!

Ashlee said...

Congratulations on your baby boy! I'm sure Keith is so excited, hopefully someday Paul will get a little boy to go "hiking and camping" with!

Vance & Holly Marler said...

What are you guys going to be doing on saturday? we are going to be in logan for the funeral and wondered if you wanted to get together? Have Keith call Vance or you can call me if that's easier :) 435-225-5915!

Heather said...

I just wanted to say that I am so happy for you! And quess what! I start working at Qwest on March 30! I'm pretty excited.